說起torch song還有另外一首由Lenny Welch所唱紅的Since I Fell For You,Lenny Welch是一位來自紐澤西州的黑人抒情歌手,他所唱的這首Since I Fell For You在1963年曾獲得過排行榜第3名,並且在1967年重新發行過,Since I Fell For You與上次介紹由Aaron Neville所唱的Tell It Like It Is是詮釋unrequited or lost love即單相思或逝去的戀情的torch song『傷心情歌』最經典的二首歌,這首歌最早由Harptones(1954)唱過,後來還有Laura Lee(1972)、Charlie Rich(1976)與Hodges,James&Smith(1977)重唱,但以Lenny Welch所唱的這一版最有韻味。
Since I Fell For You
When you just give love, and never get love,
you'd better let love depart.
I know it's so, and yet I know,
I can't get you out of my heart.
You made me leave my happy home.
You took my love, and now you've gone,
since I fell for you ...
Love brings such misery and pain.
I guess I'll never be the same,
since I fell for you ...
Well it's too bad, and it's too sad,
but I'm in love with you ...
You love me, then you snub me.
But what can I do, I'm still in love with you.
Well, I guess I'll never see the light.
I get the blues most every night,
since I fell for you ...
Since I fell for you.
2010年11月17日 星期三
訂閱:
張貼留言 (Atom)
Wham! Featuring George Michael-Careless Whisper
George Michael 在老家當地電影院當引座員時,有很多時間思考。當時他只有16歲,覺得這份工作很無聊,於是利用空閒時間創作歌詞。有一天,在公車上,他突然想到了一首名為「無心快語」(Careless Whisper)的歌的旋律。四年後,這首歌在英國、美國甚至中...
-
今天介紹一首 One hit wonder。 Chris Rea 所唱的 Fool ( If you think it ’ s over ) 。 Chris Rea 1951 年出生於英國 克里夫蘭 的 Middlesborough 。是一位輕搖滾歌手 。 1...
-
UB40除了 〈 Can't Help Falling in Love 〉 獲得 Billboard Hot 100 排行榜連續七周冠軍 之外, 他們另外還有一首冠軍曲 , 1988年的 〈 Red Red Wine 〉 。 (Guy Zapoleo...
-
Gladys Knight And The Pips 合唱團在排行榜上名次最好的歌是1973年的二周冠軍曲 〈 Midnight Train to Georgia 〉 。 在 Motown唱片公司時期,他們曾兩度登上Billboard Hot 100 單曲榜...
沒有留言:
張貼留言