2014年1月23日 星期四

Captain & Tennille夫妻仍在一起



 
文/夏禮章
元月16日是Captain & Tennille二重唱的Toni Tennille與"Captain" Daryl Dragon夫妻離婚39年的日子,現年71 歲的Daryl和73歲的Toni仍住在亞利桑那州的家,當年在記者面前Daryl似乎行動困難,可能患了帕金森氏病,所以有人猜想他們離婚是因為保險金的原因。
 
Daryl Dragon出生於洛杉磯,是知名指揮家Carmen Dragon的兒子,曾經在著名的The Beach Boys"海灘男孩"合唱團擔任過鍵琴樂手,他的外號"The Captain"就是The Beach Boys合唱團的團員Mike Love取的。
 
Captain & Tennille於1975年以Love Will Keep Us Together走紅,曾獲得4週排行榜冠軍的這首歌,也獲得當年Grammy年度唱片獎。Captain & Tennille於1976-1977年曾經在ABC電視網主持過自己的電視秀,他們的暢銷曲不少,在歷年暢銷歌星排行榜獲得第266名。
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G0sOA6hTg0
 
Love Will Keep Us Together
The Captain & Tennille
(N.Sedaka/H.Greenfield)
 
Love, love will keep us together
Think of me babe whenever
Some sweet talkin' girl comes along, singin' a song
Don't mess around, you just gotta be strong
 
Just stop, 'cause I really love you
Stop, I been thinkin' of you
Look in my heart and let love keep us together
 
You (you, do do do) you belong to me now (do, do do do)
Ain't gonna set ya free now (do do do)
When those girls start hangin' around, talkin' me down
Hear with your heart and ya won't hear a sound
 
Just stop (stop, stop) cause I really love you (really love you)
Stop (stop, stop) I been thinkin' of you (been thinkin' of you)
Look in my heart and let love keep us together, whatever
 
Young and beautiful, but someday your looks'll be gone
When the others turn you off, who'll be turnin' you on
I will, I will, I will, I will be there to share forever
Love will keep us together
I said it before and I'll say it again
While others pretend
I need ya now and I need ya then
 
Just stop (stop) cause I really love you (really love you)
Stop (stop) I been thinkin' of you (been thinkin' of you)
Look in my heart and let love keep us together
Whatever (a-ba-da whatever)
I will (ever), I will (ever), I will (ever), I will (ahh)
 
(Da da da da, da da da da, da da da da)
 
You better stop (stop) cause I really love you (really love you)
Stop (stop) I been thinkin' of you (been thinkin' of you)
Look in my heart and let love keep us together
Whatever (a-ba-da whatever)
I will (ever), I will (ever), I will (ever), I will (ahh)
 
 
(Da da da da, da da da da, da da da da)
(Sedaka is back!)
(Da da da da, da da da da, da da da da)
 


沒有留言:

張貼留言

Wham! Featuring George Michael-Careless Whisper

      George Michael 在老家當地電影院當引座員時,有很多時間思考。當時他只有16歲,覺得這份工作很無聊,於是利用空閒時間創作歌詞。有一天,在公車上,他突然想到了一首名為「無心快語」(Careless Whisper)的歌的旋律。四年後,這首歌在英國、美國甚至中...