2016年7月7日 星期四

Smokey Robinson 獲獎

R&B歌手Smokey Robinson七月五日獲得美國眾議院Gershwin流行音樂獎,頒獎典禮十一月將於華盛頓特區舉行。
Smokey Robinson 1940年出生於底特律,1955年組成The Miracles合唱團,當年他只是個中學生,1972年離開The Miracles單飛,他曾替The Miracles及Motown唱片的其它藝人寫過非常多歌曲,1985-1988年還當過這家唱片公司的副總裁。
多產作曲人Smokey Robinso自然也有很多暢銷曲,The Miracles在歷年暢銷歌星與合唱團排行榜獲得第44名,而他個人則獲得第189名。
Smokey Robinson於1987年獲選入搖滾樂名人堂,1999年獲得Grammy終生成就獎。
Smokey Robinson & The Miracles在排行榜上名次最好的歌是1972年獲得二周排行榜冠軍的The Tears of A Clown。

The Tears Of A Clown
Songwriters
 HENRY COSBY, SMOKEY ROBINSON, STEVIE WONDER

Oh yeah yeah yeah
 Now if there's a smile on my face
 It's only there trying to fool the public
 But when it comes down to fooling you
 Now honey that's quite a different subject

But don't let my glad expression
 Give you the wrong impression
 Really I'm sad, oh I'm sadder than sad
 You're gone and I'm hurting so bad
 Like a clown I appear to be glad (sad, sad, sad, sad)

Now they're some sad things known to man
 But ain't too much sadder than
 The tears of a clown when there's no one around, uh
 Oh yeah, baby

Now if I appear to be carefree
 It's only to camouflage my sadness
 And honey to shield my pride I try
 To cover this hurt with a show of gladness
 But don't let my show convince you
 That I've been happy since you
 'Cause I had to go (why did you go), oh I need you so (I need you so)
 Look I'm hurt and I want you to know (want you to know)

 For others I put on a show (it's just a show)

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Wham! Featuring George Michael-Careless Whisper

      George Michael 在老家當地電影院當引座員時,有很多時間思考。當時他只有16歲,覺得這份工作很無聊,於是利用空閒時間創作歌詞。有一天,在公車上,他突然想到了一首名為「無心快語」(Careless Whisper)的歌的旋律。四年後,這首歌在英國、美國甚至中...