2017年1月26日 星期四

Blue Moon

最近有幾位流行音樂界老兵去世:
1964年唱紅"Midnight Mary" (#10)Joseph Rufus -Thomas "Joey Powers" Ruggiero(82)

Allman Brothers Band的創團鼓手Claude "Butch" Trucks(69),他在"Ramblin Man" (#2-1973) "Crazy Love" (#29-1979)當中出過力

Rufus Thomas的兒子,Carla Thomas的兄弟Marvell Thomas(75),他曾擔任Johnnie Taylor, The Staple Singers, Little Milton, the Emotions這些藝人的鍵琴手

"All The Young Dudes" (#37-1972) Mott The Hoople 的貝斯手Pete "Overend" Watts(69),來自英國伯明翰的的他,在這個華麗搖滾合唱團(The glam-rock)1976年解散後曾另組一個團體the British Lions

the Marcels暢銷曲 "Blue Moon" (#1-1961), "Summertime" (#78-1961) "Heartaches (#7-1961) 唱高音的Ronald "Bingo" Mundy(76)

"Blue Moon"翻唱的藝人很多the Marcels版本成績最好布魯斯威利的電視影集Moonlighting 「雙面嬌娃」選這一首歌當插曲,女主角Cybill Shepherd在某集劇中演唱效果極佳,令人一曲難忘
Cybill Shepherd 演唱的 'Blue Moon' 'I Told Ya I Love Ya, Now Get Out!'後來都收進電視影集的專輯唱片裡

BLUE MOON
The Marcels
- words by Lorenz Hart, music by Richard Rodgers

Blue Moon, you saw me standing alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own

Blue Moon, you knew just what I was there for
You heard me saying a prayer for
Someone I really could care for

And then there suddenly appeared before me
The only one my arms will ever hold
I heard somebody whisper, "Please adore me"
And when I looked, the moon had turned to gold

Blue Moon, now I'm no longer alone
Without a dream in my heart

Without a love of my own

沒有留言:

張貼留言

The Human League-Don't You Want Me

  在 Martyn Ware 和 lan Craig Marsh 離開更具實驗性的早期 The Human League 樂團 組成 Heaven 17 後, Phil Oakey 帶領樂團走向了一個新的、更平易近人的方向。 他的專輯 《 Dare 》 風靡全球,這張專輯充滿了...