2013年9月12日 星期四

一首R & B版抒情曲

 有些R & B節奏與藍調歌曲曾被翻唱成鄉村歌曲,而且成績很好,其中Barbara Mandrell的1979年冠軍曲"If Loving You Is Wrong - I Don't Want To Be Right"就是一個例子。

黑人男歌星Luther Ingram 於1972年曾推出這首歌,在熱門歌曲榜獲得過第3名。

唱片製作人Tom Collins回憶:當年他們覺得如果把一首R & B節奏與藍調歌曲改編成鄉村歌曲,說不定能吸引一些鄉村歌迷來買。

"If Loving You Is Wrong - I Don't Want To Be Right"是Homer Banks, Raymond Jackson 與 Carl Hampton一起寫的,是Barbara Mandrell的第二首鄉村歌曲榜冠軍曲,也是第27首暢銷曲。

台灣歌迷熟悉且喜愛的R & B版"If Loving You Is Wrong - I Don't Want To Be Right"的演唱人,黑人歌手與作曲人Luther Ingram,於2007年因糖尿病去世。


(If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want to Be Right
Luther Ingram

If loving you is wrong I don't wanna be right
If being right means being without you
I'd rather live a wrong doing life
Your mama and daddy say it's a shame
It's a downright disgrace
Long as I got you by my side
I don't care what your people say

Your friends tell you there's no future
In loving a married man
If I can't see you when I want to
I'll see you when I can
If loving you is wrong I don't wanna be right
If loving you is wrong I don't wanna be right

Am I wrong to fall so deeply in love with you
Knowing I got a wife and two little children
Depending on me too
And am I wrong to hunger
for the gentleness of your touch
knowing I got somebody else at home
who needs me just as much

And are you wrong to fall in love
With a married man
And am I wrong trying to hold on
To the best thing I ever had
If loving you is wrong I don't wanna be right
If loving you is wrong I don't wanna be right

Are you wrong to give your love
To a married man
And am I wrong trying to hold on
To the best thing I ever had
If loving you is wrong I don't wanna be right
If loving you is wrong I don't wanna be right

I don't wanna be right
If it means sleeping alone at night
I don't wanna be right
If it means coming home at night
I don't wanna, I don't wanna
I don't wanna never, never, never be right

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Wham! Featuring George Michael-Careless Whisper

      George Michael 在老家當地電影院當引座員時,有很多時間思考。當時他只有16歲,覺得這份工作很無聊,於是利用空閒時間創作歌詞。有一天,在公車上,他突然想到了一首名為「無心快語」(Careless Whisper)的歌的旋律。四年後,這首歌在英國、美國甚至中...