2015年9月17日 星期四

REO Speedwagon團員去世

搖滾樂團REO Speedwagon自1970 至1989年的吉他手Gary Richrath,九月13日病逝(65歲),Gary寫過不少該團的曲子,其中包含"Ridin' The Storm Out" (#94-1977)及"Take It On The Run" (#5-1981),而且擔任很多歌的偕同製作工作,他個人於1992年出過一張專輯唱片"Only The Strong Survive"。
1960年代即已組成的REO Speedwagon,來自伊里諾州Champaign,是1980年代很受歡迎的合唱團,團名取自1911年的一輛消防車,他們在歷年暢銷歌星合唱團排行榜獲得第210名。
REO Speedwagon名次最好的歌是1985年獲得三周冠軍的Can’t Fight This Feeling。


Can't Fight This Feelling
REO Speedwagon

I can't fight this feeling any longer.
And yet I'm still afraid to let it flow.
What started out as friendship,
Has grown stronger.
I only wish I had the strength to let it show.

I tell myself that I can't hold out forever.
I said there is no reason for my fear.
Cause I feel so secure when we're together.
You give my life direction,
You make everything so clear.

And even as I wander,
I'm keeping you in sight.
You're a candle in the wind,
On a cold, dark winter's night.
And I'm getting closer than I ever thought I might.

And I can't fight this feeling anymore.
I've forgotten what I started fighting for.
It's time to bring this ship into the shore,
And throw away the oars, forever.

Cause I can't fight this feeling anymore.
I've forgotten what I started fighting for.
And if I have to crawl upon the floor,
Come crushing through your door,
Baby, I can't fight this feeling anymore.

My life has been such a whirlwind since I saw you.
I've been running round in circles in my mind.
And it always seems that I'm following you, girl,
Cause you take me to the places,
That I'd known I'd never find.

And even as I wander,
I'm keeping you in sight.
You're a candle in the wind,
On a cold, dark winter's night.
And I'm getting closer than I ever thought I might.

And I can't fight this feeling anymore.
I've forgotten what I started fighting for.
It's time to bring this ship into the shore,
And throw away the oars, forever.

Cause I can't fight this feeling anymore.
I've forgotten what I started fighting for.
And if I have to crawl upon the floor,
Come crushing through your door,
Baby, I can't fight this feeling anymore.


沒有留言:

張貼留言

Wham! Featuring George Michael-Careless Whisper

      George Michael 在老家當地電影院當引座員時,有很多時間思考。當時他只有16歲,覺得這份工作很無聊,於是利用空閒時間創作歌詞。有一天,在公車上,他突然想到了一首名為「無心快語」(Careless Whisper)的歌的旋律。四年後,這首歌在英國、美國甚至中...