2016年4月14日 星期四

Tom Jones 的老婆去世

Tom Jones 的老婆Melinda Rose ("Linda")四月10日因癌症在洛杉磯去世 (75歲),Tom已經取消亞洲巡迴演唱。Tom Jones夫妻兩16歲的時候在威爾斯結婚,婚姻持續59年,他們的兒子現在擔任Tom的經紀人。
Tom Jones本名Thomas Jones Wooward,1940年出生於南威爾斯Pontypidd,在老家俱樂部演唱時叫Tommy Scott,1963年組成The Senators合唱團,1964年開始個人的演藝生涯。1969-1971年有了自己主持的綜藝節目。
Tom Jones有很多暢銷曲,在歷年暢銷歌星排行榜獲得第109名,其中名次最好的是1971年的She's lady,獲得過排行榜第2名。



 She's A Lady   Tom Jones

Well, she's all you'd ever want
 She's the kind I like to flaunt and take to dinner
 But she always knows her place
 She's got style, she's got grace--she's a winner
 She's a lady
 Oh, whoa, whoa, she's a lady
 Talkin' about that little lady
 And the lady is mine

 Well, she's never in the way
 Always something nice to say, and what a blessin'
 I can leave her on her own
 Knowin' she's OK alone and there's no messin'
 She's a lady
 Oh, whoa, whoa, she's a lady
 Talkin' about that little lady
 And the lady is mine

 Well, she never asks very much
 And I don't refuse her
 Always treat her with respect
 I never would abuse her
 What she's got is hard to find
 And I don't want to lose her
 Help me build a mountain
 From a little pile of clay, hey hey hey

 Well, she knows what I'm about
 She can take what I dish out, and that's not easy
 But she knows me through and through
 And she knows just what to do and how to please me
 She's a lady
 Oh, whoa, whoa, she's a lady
 Talkin' about that little lady
 And the lady is mine
 Yeah, yeah, yeah, she's a lady
 Oh, whoa, whoa, she's a lady
 Talkin' about that little lady
 And the lady is mine

 (fade out)

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Wham! Featuring George Michael-Careless Whisper

      George Michael 在老家當地電影院當引座員時,有很多時間思考。當時他只有16歲,覺得這份工作很無聊,於是利用空閒時間創作歌詞。有一天,在公車上,他突然想到了一首名為「無心快語」(Careless Whisper)的歌的旋律。四年後,這首歌在英國、美國甚至中...