2019年4月18日 星期四

Aretha Franklin-Respect


  Aretha Franklin獲頒普立茲身後特別獎,遴選單位於四月15日宣布了這個消息,此外作家Ellen Reid也獲提名今年的普立茲音樂獎,她因為歌劇prism「三稜鏡」首演獲得提名。
 新聞發布同時普立茲獎也供恭喜Aretha Franklin和她的親友,文稿中難免提及Queen of Soul 與Respect這兩個Aretha Franklin的尊稱與成名曲。
  Aretha Franklin獲獎原因是因為不可磨滅的對美國音樂與文化超過五十年的貢獻。
 她是2009以來第一位獲獎音樂人,前一位音樂人獲獎者是傳奇鄉村歌手Hank Williams,普立茲獎的提名單位在有必要時偶而也頒特別獎,其他獲獎音樂人還有Bob Dylan,、John Coltrane、 Thelonious Monk 、Duke Ellington 與George Gershwin,Aretha Franklin還創了一個紀錄,她是1930年以來第一位女性個人獲獎者。
  這個獎是Aretha Franklin長期偶像歌星生涯獲得的許多獎項之一,其中包括the Kennedy Center Honors甘迺迪中心榮譽獎,the Presidential Medal of Freedom美國總統自由獎章及1987年獲選進the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame搖滾樂名人堂。
  Aretha於去年2018因癌症去世(76歲)。
  Respect是Aretha Franklin 1967年第一首冠軍曲,也是滾石雜誌歷年500大歌曲榜第5名的名曲。
  普立茲獎是一個頒給新聞、文學與音樂優良作品,聲譽很高的獎項。


Respect
Songwriters: Otis Redding

What you want
Baby, I got it
What you need
Do you know I got it?
All I'm askin'
Is for a little respect when you get home (just a little bit)
Hey baby (just a little bit) when you get home
(Just a little bit) mister (just a little bit)
I ain't gonna do you wrong while you're gone
Ain't gonna do you wrong 'cause I don't wanna
All I'm askin'
Is for a little respect when you come home (just a little bit)
Baby (just a little bit) when you get home (just a little bit)
Yeah (just a little bit)
I'm about to give you all of my money
And all I'm askin' in return, honey
Is to give me my propers
When you get home (just a, just a, just a, just a)
Yeah, baby (just a, just a, just a, just a)
When you get home (just a little bit)
Yeah (just a little bit)
Ooh, your kisses
Sweeter than honey
And guess what?
So is my money
All I want you to do for me
Is give it to me when you get home (re, re, re, re)
Yeah baby (re, re, re, re)
Whip it to me (respect, just a little bit)
When you get home, now (just a little bit)
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Find out what it means to me
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Take care, TCB
Oh (sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me)
A little respect (sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me)
Whoa, babe (just a little bit)
A little respect (just a little bit)
I get tired (just a little bit)
Keep on tryin' (just a little bit)
You're runnin' out of fools (just a little bit)
And I ain't lyin' (just a little bit)
(Re, re, re, re) when you come home
(Re, re, re, re) 'spect
Or you might walk in (respect, just a little bit)
And find out I'm gone (just a little bit)




1 則留言:

  1. 最近聽了dexys midnight runners 翻唱這首歌的版本覺得非常好聽,一查下去才發現又是lady soul的歌,經典!

    回覆刪除

Paul Young-Everytime You Go Away

    今天來回味一首 經典歌曲〈Everytime You Go Away〉。     1981年Daryl Hall和John Oates的首張自製專輯「聲音」《Voices》誕生了一首冠軍單曲〈Kiss on My List〉。四年零三個月後這張專輯中的另一首歌曲〈Eve...