2020年8月13日 星期四

Boyz II Men-End Of The Road

   上週介紹Patty Smyth與Eagles團員Don Henley合唱的情歌Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough是1992年連續獲得6週第2名的一首暢銷曲,這麼一首動聽的歌為什麼沒能登上冠軍寶座呢 ? 因為前面有一首更受歡迎的歌擋道,那就是Boyz II Men的End Of The Road 。

  1992年9月26日當Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough進Billboard Hot 100 排行榜第7周時獲得第2名(9/26-10/31),而Boyz II Men的 End Of The Road當周已經連續獲得7周排行榜冠軍了,因為End Of The Road後來一共獲得13周排行榜冠軍(8/15-11/7),所以 Patty Smyth無緣在Billboard Hot 100 榜得到一次冠軍,不過在另一本Radio & Records雜誌的排行榜上Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough倒是得到3周冠軍,也算是個安慰獎吧。

        Boyz II Men是一個來自賓州費城的R&B合唱團,New Edition的Michael Bivins發掘他們入門,1992年曾應邀在迷你電視劇集The Jacksons : An American Dream演出,"End of the Road"在排行榜上創13周冠軍紀錄後,他們接著推出的"I'll Make Love to You" 及 "One Sweet Day" ( 與Mariah Carey合唱 )又獲得14周及16周冠軍,因為一再於Billboard Hot 100 排行榜留下歷史紀錄,Boyz II Men是1992與1994年的冠軍合唱團,在歷年暢銷歌星排行榜獲得第69名。

  "End of the Road"也獲得當年Grammy最佳R&B歌曲及最佳合唱團獎。

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDKO6XYXioc

 

End Of The Road

Boyz II Men

Songwriters: Kenneth Edmonds / Antonio Reid / Daryl Simmons

 

Girl you know we belong together
I don't have no time for you to be playing with my heart like this
You'll be mine forever baby
You just wait

We belong together
And you know that I am right
Why do you play with my heart?
Why do you play with my mind?

Said we'd be forever
Said it'd never die
How could you love me and leave me and never
Say goodbye?

When I can't sleep at night
Without holding you tight
Girl, each time I try I just break down and cry
Pain in my head
Oh, I'd rather be dead
Spinning around and around

Although we've come
To the end of the road
Still I can't let go
It's unnatural
You belong to me
I belong to you
Although we've come
To the end of the road
Still I can't let go
It's unnatural
You belong to me
I belong to you

Girl, I know you really love me
You just don't realize
You've never been there before
It's only
Your first time

Maybe I'll forgive you
Maybe you'll try
We should be happy together forever
You and I

Will you love me again
Like you loved me before
This time I want you to love me much more
This time instead
Just come to my bed
And baby just don't let me go

Although we've come
To the end of the road
Still I can't let go
It's unnatural
You belong to me
I belong to you
Although we've come
To the end of the road
Still I can't let go
It's unnatural
You belong to me
I belong to you

Girl, I'm here for you
All those times at night
When you just hurt me
And just ran out with that other fella
Baby I knew about it
I just didn't care
You just don't understand how much I love
Do you?
I'm here for you

I'm not about to go out on cheat you
(Maybe I'll forgive you)
Just like you did baby
But that's alright
I love you anyway
(Maybe you will try)
And I'm still going to be here for you until my dying day
(We should be happy together forever)
Right now
I'm just in so much pain baby
'Cause you just won't come back to me (You and I)
Will you?
Just come back to me

Yes baby, my heart is lonely (Lonely)
My heart hurts baby (Lonely)
Yes, I feel pain too
Baby please

This time instead just come to my bed
And baby just don't let me go

Although we've come
To the end of the road
Still I can't let go
It's unnatural
You belong to me
I belong to you
Although we've come
To the end of the road
Still I can't let go
It's unnatural
You belong to me
I belong to you

Although we've come
To the end of the road
Still I can't let go
It's unnatural
You belong to me
I belong to you
Although we've come
To the end of the road
Still I can't let go
It's unnatural
You belong to me
I belong to you

 

 

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Wham! Featuring George Michael-Careless Whisper

      George Michael 在老家當地電影院當引座員時,有很多時間思考。當時他只有16歲,覺得這份工作很無聊,於是利用空閒時間創作歌詞。有一天,在公車上,他突然想到了一首名為「無心快語」(Careless Whisper)的歌的旋律。四年後,這首歌在英國、美國甚至中...