2020年8月6日 星期四

Patty Smyth-Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough

 

  Patty Smyth回憶她曾經婉拒加入Van Halen重搖滾樂團

  Patty Smyth說 : Eddie Van Halen曾經邀請她在David Lee Roth離開該團時加入Van Halen。

  這位前Scandal合唱團的主唱表示 : 她之所以不願加入Van Halen主要因為他們酒癮很大。

  "他們都是酒鬼" Patty Smyth告訴記者,"我不喝酒",她也不想離開家鄉,"我從沒想過會在洛杉磯生活,我來自紐約,我不要搬去洛杉磯"。

  但是Smyth說他說不定會答應Van Halen的邀約一起錄一張專輯。

   "那是一種意涵因為如果Eddie對我說 '我們錄一張唱片',我會說OK,但是加入他們---對她而言---'我的天,當時來自荷蘭的 Eddie和他弟弟Alex Van Halen常吵架,我不想深陷於不穩定的狀態,因為我那時懷孕八個月,也許荷爾蒙激素影響吧,我想的是如何保護好我自己,但我遺憾拒絕了他,很長一段時間我都後悔,當你開始後悔心裡會想 ' 喔 ! 說不定如果去了我會賺很多錢 ' "。

   "很多年來我從未跟別人講此事,我打電話給Eddie,他很高興,他說 : '我不想說我邀請你加入我們樂團的事,我怕Sammy Hagar知道我先邀請妳會感覺他是第二個選擇 ',所以後來我也不說此事 "。

   Van Halen重搖滾樂團1970年代後期成立於加州Pasadenna,暢銷曲很多,是歷年暢銷歌星排行榜第176名的知名Hard-Rock重搖滾樂團,David Lee Roth離開Van Halen之後1985年由 Sammy Hagar取代他主唱的位置,直到1996年離開。

  Patty Smyth  1957年出生於紐約布魯克林區,是Scandal合唱團的女主唱,他的第二任丈夫是知名的職業網球選手John McEnroe約翰麥肯洛。

 

  Patty Smyth在排行榜上名次最好的歌是1992年連續獲得6週第2名,與Eagles團員Don Henley合唱的傷心情歌Sometimes Love Just Ain’t Enough。

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdzbjUWu2VU&list=RDqdzbjUWu2VU&start_radio=1

 Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough

Songwriters: Glen Burtnik / Patty Smyth

 

Now, I don't want to lose you,
but I don't want to use you just to have somebody by my side.
And I don't want to hate you,
I don't want to take you, but I don't want to be the one to cry.
And I don't really matter to anyone anymore.
But like a fool I keep losing my place and
I keep seeing you walk through that door.

But there's a danger in loving somebody to much,
and it's bad when you know it's your heart you can't trust.
There's a reason why people don't stay where they are.
Baby, sometimes love just ain't enough.

Now, I could never change you,
I don't want to blame you.
Baby, you don't have to take the fall.
Yes, I may have hurt you, but I did not desert you.
Maybe I just want to have it all.
It makes a sound like thunder, it makes me feel like rain.
And like a fool who will never see the truth,
I keep thinking something's gonna change.

But there's a danger in loving somebody to much,
and it's bad when you know it's your heart they can't trust.
There's a reason why people don't stay who they are.
Baby, sometimes love just ain't enough.

And there's no way home when it's late at night and you're all alone.
Are there things that you wanted to say?
And do you feel me beside you in your bed,
there beside you where I used to be?

But there's a danger in loving somebody to much,
and it's bad when you know it's your heart you can't trust.
There's a reason why people don't stay where they are.
Baby, sometimes love just ain't enough.

 

 


沒有留言:

張貼留言

Wham! Featuring George Michael-Careless Whisper

      George Michael 在老家當地電影院當引座員時,有很多時間思考。當時他只有16歲,覺得這份工作很無聊,於是利用空閒時間創作歌詞。有一天,在公車上,他突然想到了一首名為「無心快語」(Careless Whisper)的歌的旋律。四年後,這首歌在英國、美國甚至中...