2021年5月20日 星期四

Blondie-Heart of Glass

  談到Post-Punk & New Waves的重要專輯,少不了要介紹Blondie的〈Parallel Lines〉。

  New-wave搖滾樂團Blondie來自紐約布魯克林區,主唱是Debby Harry,她早年參加過民謠搖滾樂團Wind in The Willows,Blondie曾於1982年解散 ,1999年重新復出。

  儘管他們有龐克資歷,Blondie更感興趣的是在一種流派裡玩音樂,而不是被限制在一個剛性的審美觀裡。這意味著他們吸收流行音樂及50、60年代搖滾樂的元素,把這些元素融入龐克狂躁的混音當中。

  經由他們同名的首張專輯及接著的〈Plastic Letters〉專輯的磨練後,Blondie在〈Parallel Lines〉「平行線」這張專輯中表現出色。這張專輯一發行就大獲成功,在Billboard專輯排行榜獲得第6名,在英國的專輯排行榜則獲得冠軍,讓Blondie真正登上了流行音樂版圖,並且催生了幾首著名的單曲(如Heart of Glass、One Way or Another、Picture This、Hanging on the Telephones、Sunday Girl),其中Heart of Glass於1979年2月17日推出,後來獲得Billboard Hot 100排行榜冠軍,在滾石雜誌500大歌曲榜獲得第259名。

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGU_4-5RaxU

 

Heart of Glass

Songwriters: Chris Stein / Deborah Harry

 

Once I had a love and it was a gas

Soon turned out had a heart of glass

Seemed like the real thing, only to find

Mucho mistrust, love's gone behind

Once I had a love and it was divine

Soon found out I was losing my mind

It seemed like the real thing but I was so blind

Mucho mistrust, love's gone behind

In between

What I find is pleasing and I'm feeling fine

Love is so confusing, there's no peace of mind

If I fear I'm losing you it's just no good

You teasing like you do

Once I had a love and it was a gas

Soon turned out had a heart of glass

Seemed like the real thing, only to find

Mucho mistrust, love's gone behind

Lost inside

Adorable illusion and I cannot hide

I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside

We coulda made it cruising, yeah

La, da, da, la, la, la, la, la, la, la

La, da, da, la, la, la, la, la, la, la

La, da, da, la, la, la, la, la, la, la

Yeah, riding high on love's true bluish light

Ooh, oh, ooh, oh

Ooh, oh, ooh, oh

Once I had a love and it was a gas

Soon turned out to be a pain in the ass

Seemed like the real thing only to find

Mucho mistrust, love's gone behind

Ooh, oh, ooh, oh

Ooh, oh, ooh, oh

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Wham! Featuring George Michael-Careless Whisper

      George Michael 在老家當地電影院當引座員時,有很多時間思考。當時他只有16歲,覺得這份工作很無聊,於是利用空閒時間創作歌詞。有一天,在公車上,他突然想到了一首名為「無心快語」(Careless Whisper)的歌的旋律。四年後,這首歌在英國、美國甚至中...