2014年5月29日 星期四

Lou Christie兒子去世


1960年代的流行歌手Lou Christie的兒子Christopher Sacco,五月18日因摩托車車禍不幸去世,車禍發生在他的住家德州The Woodlands。

Christopher Sacco現年46歲,是一位單親爸爸,有朋友已經成立基金會替他留下的這個小朋友募生活費與教育費。

Lou Christie是以The Gypsy Cried開始走紅的1960年代流行歌手,本名Lugee Sacco,1943年出生於賓州Glenwillard,在歌壇長期與作曲Twyla Herbert搭配,早年曾以Lugee &The Lions之名灌過唱片,1981年則擔任過The Cantina Band的主唱。

Lou Christie有Two Faces Have I、Lightin' Strikes、I'm Gonna Make You Mine三首排行榜前十名的暢銷曲,其中以1965年的冠軍曲Lightin' Strikes成績最好。

 


 

LIGHTNIN' STRIKES

Lou Christie

(Lou Christie - Twyla Herbert)

 

Listen to me, baby, you got to understand

You're old enough to know the makings of a man

Listen to me, baby, it's hard to settle down

Am I asking too much for you to stick around

 

Every boy wants a girl

He can trust to the very end

Baby, that's you

Won't you wait   but 'til then

 

When I see lips beggin' to be kissed (Stop!)

I can't stop (Stop!)  I can't stop myself

                             (Stop!  Stop!)

 

Lightnin's striking again

Lightnin's striking again

 

Nature's takin' over my one-track mind

Believe it or not, you're in my heart all the time

All the girls are sayin' that you'll end up a fool

For the time being, baby, live by the rules

 

When I settle down

I want one baby on my mind

Forgive and forget

And I'll make up for all lost time

 

If she's put together fine and she's readin' my mind (Stop!)

I can't stop (Stop!)  I can't stop myself

                             (Stop!  Stop!)

 

Lightnin's striking again

Lightnin's striking again and again and again and again

 

Lightnin's striking again

Lightnin's striking again

 

There's a chapel in the pines

Waiting for us around the bend

Picture in your mind

Love forever, but 'til then

 

If she gives me a sign that she wants to make time (Stop!)

I can't stop (Stop!)  I can't stop myself

                             (Stop!  Stop!)

 

Lightnin's striking again

Lightnin's striking again and again and again and again

Lightnin's striking again and again and again and again

 

----------------------------------------------------------

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Paul Young-Everytime You Go Away

    今天來回味一首 經典歌曲〈Everytime You Go Away〉。     1981年Daryl Hall和John Oates的首張自製專輯「聲音」《Voices》誕生了一首冠軍單曲〈Kiss on My List〉。四年零三個月後這張專輯中的另一首歌曲〈Eve...