2016年9月1日 星期四

一曲成名的搖滾樂團


八月25日於芝加哥US Cellular Field球場舉行的美國職棒大聯盟「白襪」對「水手」的比賽,請到1960年代後期的搖滾樂團The Ides of March來唱開場國歌,終場地主白襪隊以7比6勝水手隊。

The Ides of March是於芝加哥組成的搖滾樂團,主唱叫Jim Peteric,他們的團名來自莎士比亞的劇本「凱薩大帝」中的台詞,Jim Peteric後來擔任過1980年代另一個芝加哥搖滾樂團Survivor的主奏吉他手。

The Ides of March是一個只有一首排行榜前四十名暢銷曲的One Hit Wonder,他們只有1970年的Vehicle曾經獲得第二名,但是Survivor就不同了,他們是1980年代第36名的合唱團,替電影「洛磯第三集唱的主題曲Eye of The Tiger曾經獲得六周排行榜冠軍(1982)。







Vehicle

Songwriters

 JAMES PETERIK



Hey well

 I'm a friendly stranger in a black sedan

 Won't you hop inside my car.

 I got pictures, got candy

 I'm a lovable man

 And I can take you to the nearest star.

 I'm your vehicle baby

 I'll take you anywhere you want to go.

 I'm your vehicle woman

 But I'm not sure you know

 That I love ya

 I need ya

 I want ya,

 Got to have you child,

 Great God in heaven you know I love you.

 Well if you want to be a movie star

 I'll get a ticket to Hollywood.

 But if you want to stay just the way you are

 You know I think you really should.

 I'm your vehicle baby

 I'll take you anywhere you want to go.

 I'm your vehicle woman

 But I'm not sure you know

 That I love ya

 I need ya

 I want ya,

 Got to have you child,

 Great God in heaven you know I love you.

 Hey well

 I'm a friendly stranger in a black sedan

 Won't you hop inside my car.

 I got pictures, got candy

 I'm a lovable man

 And I can take you to the nearest star.

 I'm your vehicle baby

 I'll take you anywhere you want to go.

 I'm your vehicle woman

 But I'm not sure you know

 That I love ya

 I need ya

 I want ya,

 Got to have you child,

 Great God in heaven you know I love you.

 And I'm your vehicle babe.

 You know

 I love ya

 I need ya

 I want ya,

 Got to have you child,

 Great God in heaven you know I love you.


沒有留言:

張貼留言

Paul Young-Everytime You Go Away

    今天來回味一首 經典歌曲〈Everytime You Go Away〉。     1981年Daryl Hall和John Oates的首張自製專輯「聲音」《Voices》誕生了一首冠軍單曲〈Kiss on My List〉。四年零三個月後這張專輯中的另一首歌曲〈Eve...