2016年11月10日 星期四

Rock And Roll Waltz

在大樂隊時代就已成名,並於搖滾樂初興起的1955年,以一首六週冠軍曲Rock And Roll Waltz給歌迷們留下深刻印象的女歌星Kay Starr,十一月三日去世,高齡93歲。
Kay Starr本名Katherine Laverne Starks,出生於奧克拉荷馬州Dougherty,兒時即在孟斐斯與達拉斯的電台演唱,十五歲後正式擔任Joe Venuti Orchestra的主唱,在1945年轉為獨唱歌手之前,他也與Glen Miller及 Bob Crosby的樂團合作過。
1947年Capitol唱片公司簽下Kay Starr,她的Hoop-De-Doo (#2-1950)及 Bonaparte’s Retreat(#4-1950)成績很好,使她個人的歌唱事業有好的開始,1948-1954年,Kay Starr一共有27首歌進入過排行榜,其中包括1952年獲得十週冠軍的The Wheel Of Fortune。
1955 年她轉投 RCA唱片公司旗下,在搖滾樂開始流行的那些年,Kay Starr的受歡迎程度漸漸不如從前,但持續的努力演出,仍使她在1960年獲邀於好萊塢星光大道留下印記。
藍調歌手Billie Holiday曾經推崇Kay Starr是唯一一位能演唱藍調的白人女歌手。

The Rock And Roll Waltz
Kay Starr

One night I was late, came home from a date
Slipped out of my shoes at the door
Then from the front room, I heard a jump tune
I looked in and here's what I saw

There in the night what a wonderful scene
Mom was dancing with Dad to my record machine
And while they danced, only one thing was wrong
They were trying to waltz to a rock and roll song!

A-one, two, and then rock
A-one, two, and then roll
They did the rock and roll waltz
A-rock, two, three, a-roll, two, three
It looked so cute to me
I love the rock and roll waltz

A-one, two, and then rock
A-one, two, and then roll
A-one, two, and then jump
It's good for your soul
It's old but it's new
Let's do the rock and roll waltz

There in the night what a wonderful scene
Mom was dancing with Dad to my record machine
And while they danced, only one thing was wrong
They were trying to waltz to a rock and roll song!

A-one, two, and then rock
A-one, two, and then roll
A-one, two, and then jump
It's good for your soul
It's old but it's new
Let's do the rock and roll waltz

Let's do the rock and roll waltz

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Wham! Featuring George Michael-Careless Whisper

      George Michael 在老家當地電影院當引座員時,有很多時間思考。當時他只有16歲,覺得這份工作很無聊,於是利用空閒時間創作歌詞。有一天,在公車上,他突然想到了一首名為「無心快語」(Careless Whisper)的歌的旋律。四年後,這首歌在英國、美國甚至中...