2016年11月24日 星期四

Drift Away-Mentor Williams

知名歌手、作曲人Paul Williams的弟弟Mentor Williams十一月16日於新墨西哥州Taos家中去世。
Mentor Williams也寫歌,作品中以1973年參加過搖滾樂劇Hair演出的黑人歌手Dobie Gray演唱的Drift Away最為歌迷們喜愛,曾獲得第五名。
Mentor Williams另一為歌迷們樂道的事即他和唱紅Rose Garden的鄉村歌后Lynn Anderson從1980年代就在一起,直到去年Lynn Anderson去世。

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIuyDWzctgY

Drift Away"

Day after day I'm more confused
Yet I look for the light through the pouring rain
You know that's a game that I hate to lose
And I'm feelin' the strain
Ain't it a shame

Oh, give me the beat boys and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away
Oh, give me the beat boys and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Beginning to think that I'm wastin' time
I don't understand the things I do
The world outside looks so unkind
And I'm countin' on you
To carry me through

Oh, give me the beat boys and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away
Yeah, give me the beat boys and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

And when my mind is free
You know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue
The guitar's comin' through to soothe me

Thanks for the joy that you've given me
I want you to know I believe in your song
And rhythm and rhyme and harmony
You've helped me along
Makin' me strong

Oh, give me the beat boys and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away
Give me the beat boys and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Oh, give me the beat boys and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away
Hey, give me the beat boys and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Na na na, won't you, won't you take me
Oh, take me


沒有留言:

張貼留言

Wham! Featuring George Michael-Careless Whisper

      George Michael 在老家當地電影院當引座員時,有很多時間思考。當時他只有16歲,覺得這份工作很無聊,於是利用空閒時間創作歌詞。有一天,在公車上,他突然想到了一首名為「無心快語」(Careless Whisper)的歌的旋律。四年後,這首歌在英國、美國甚至中...