2022年8月18日 星期四

the Carpenters-Ticket to Ride

 

  the Carpenters「木匠兄妹」曾經翻唱過幾首 the Beatles 「披頭合唱團」的歌,the Beatles有甚麼看法呢?

  1970年代     Paul McCartney 說過 Karen Carpenter有全世界最好的女聲歌喉。

  大約同時   John Lennon  和   Karen 曾在同一夜總會,Lennon確定他私下告訴Karen他喜歡她的歌。

  The Carpenters古典鋼琴伴奏的“Ticket to Ride”排行榜成績不佳,但至今仍屬他們翻唱Beatles歌曲裡最美的一首歌,據說McCartney非常喜歡這首歌。

  “Ticket to Ride”這首歌於1965年4月24日推出,曾獲得Billboard Hot 100 排行榜冠軍,是滾石雜誌500大歌曲榜第394名的歌。而   the Carpenters    版“Ticket to Ride”是他們1970年2月14日推出的第一首單曲,曾獲得54名,但是當年6月他們推出   (They Long To Be)Close To You   連續獲得4周冠軍,使他們一曲成名。

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyNt5zm3U_M

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhHUe1d3po0

 

Ticket to Ride

Lyrics:Lennon John Winston / Mccartney Paul James

 

I think I'm gonna be sad

I think it's today, yeah

The girl that's driving me mad

Is going away

She's got a ticket to ride

She's got a ticket to ride

She's got a ticket to ride

But she don't care

She said that living with me

Is bringing her down, yeah

For she would never be free

When I was around

She's got a ticket to ride

She's got a ticket to ride

She's got a ticket to ride

But she don't care

I don't know why she's riding so high

She ought to think twice

She ought to do right by me

Before she gets to saying goodbye

She ought to think twice

She ought to do right by me

I think I'm gonna be sad

I think it's today, yeah

The girl that's driving me mad

Is going away, yeah, oh

She's got a ticket to ride

She's got a ticket to ride

She's got a ticket to ride

But she don't care

I don't know why she's riding so high

She ought to think twice

She ought to do right by me

Before she gets to saying goodbye

She ought to think twice

She ought to do right by me

She said that living with me

Was bringing her down, yeah

For she would never be free

When I was around, oh

She's got a ticket to ride

She's got a ticket to ride

She's got a ticket to ride

But she don't care

My baby don't care

My baby don't care

My baby don't care

My baby don't care

My baby don't care

My baby don't care

  

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Wham! Featuring George Michael-Careless Whisper

      George Michael 在老家當地電影院當引座員時,有很多時間思考。當時他只有16歲,覺得這份工作很無聊,於是利用空閒時間創作歌詞。有一天,在公車上,他突然想到了一首名為「無心快語」(Careless Whisper)的歌的旋律。四年後,這首歌在英國、美國甚至中...