2023年6月29日 星期四

Rod Stewart -Maggie May

 


Rod Stewart 的暢銷曲‟Maggie May”是為誰而唱?

這首歌的靈感來自Rod Stewart 16 歲時給他第一次的一個女孩子。在2007年1月發行的《Q》雜誌上,Stewart 說: ‟Maggie May”或多或少是一個真實的故事,說得是他在1961年的Beaulieu爵士音樂節上和他發生性關係的第一個女人。然而,這個女人的名字實際上並不是‟Maggie May”。

Rod 還說,這個歌名取自一首關於妓女遭遇的利物浦老歌,歌名也叫‟Maggie May” 。

Rod Stewart 1945年出生於倫敦,1960年代早期唱民歌,後來加入過Jeff Beck及Faces樂團,

但同時錄製個人的唱片,他是四十多年以來搖滾樂界地領銜歌手。

‟Maggie May”這首歌1971年曾獲得歐美二地五周排行榜冠軍,是他的成名之作。



(7) Rod Stewart - Maggie May (1971) – YouTube



Maggie May

Lyrics:Martin Quittenton / Roderick Stewart


Wake up, Maggie, I think I got somethin' to say to you
It's late September and I really should be back at school
I know I keep you amused, but I feel I'm being used
Oh, Maggie, I couldn't have tried any more

You led me away from home
Just to save you from being alone
You stole my heart and that's what really hurts

The mornin' sun when it's in your face really shows your age
But that don't worry me none, in my eyes, you're everything
I laughed at all of your jokes, my love, you didn't need to coax
Oh, Maggie, I couldn't have tried any more

You led me away from home
Just to save you from being alone
You stole my soul, and that's a pain I can do without

All I needed was a friend to lend a guiding hand
But you turned into a lover, and mother, what a lover, you wore me out
All you did was wreck my bed, and in the morning, kick me in the head
Oh, Maggie, I couldn't have tried any more

You led me away from home
'Cause you didn't wanna be alone
You stole my heart, I couldn't leave you if I tried

I suppose I could collect my books and get on back to school
Or steal my daddy's cue and make a living out of playin' pool

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Wham! Featuring George Michael-Careless Whisper

      George Michael 在老家當地電影院當引座員時,有很多時間思考。當時他只有16歲,覺得這份工作很無聊,於是利用空閒時間創作歌詞。有一天,在公車上,他突然想到了一首名為「無心快語」(Careless Whisper)的歌的旋律。四年後,這首歌在英國、美國甚至中...