2021年6月17日 星期四

UB40-Red Red Wine

      談起Reggae雷鬼音樂,除了Bob Marley之外,UB40是在排行榜上成績最好的團體,UB40組成於英國伯明翰,主唱Ali Campbell與吉他手Robin Campbell是一對兄弟檔,他們與另一位主唱Terence ‘Astro’Wilson、打擊樂手Norman Hassan 、鍵琴手Michael Virtue、薩克斯風Brian Travers、貝斯手Earl Falconer及鼓手James Brown組成了這個樂團。

  樂評人將他們定位為Interracial raggage band  "跨種族雷鬼樂團",1984年他們推出Neil Diamond所寫的雷鬼版Red Red Wine 在英國排行榜獲得第3名 (美國#34),4年後的1988年,他們把Red Red Wine 加入饒舌歌手Astro的口白再度推出,使這首歌變成了饒舌版雷鬼歌曲而一舉成名,在Billboard Hot 100 排行榜獲得冠軍。

  UB40後來推出不少暢銷曲,其中翻唱貓王Elvis Prasley的老 歌被選為沙朗史東主演的電影”Sliver”〈銀色獵物〉的插曲 Can't Help Falling In love,1993年更連續7周獲得排行榜冠軍,使他們進入大牌合唱團圈內,在歷年暢銷歌星合唱團排行榜獲得第496名。

  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2QRpvhoUk8

 

Red Red Wine

Songwriters: Neil Diamond

Red, red wine goes to my head
Makes me forget that I still need her so

Red, red wine, it's up to you
All I can do I've done
Memories won't go, memories won't go

I'd have sworn that with time
Thoughts of you leave my head
I was wrong, now I find
Just one thing makes me forget

Red, red wine, stay close to me
Don't let me be alone
It's tearing apart my blue heart

I'd have sworn that with time
Thoughts of you leave my head
I was wrong, now I find
Just one thing makes me forget

Red, red wine, stay close to me
Don't let me be alone
It's tearing apart my blue heart

Red red wine, you make me feel so fine
You keep me rockin' all of the time
Red red wine, you make me feel so grand
I feel a million dollar when you're just in my hand
Red red wine, you make me feel so sad
Any time I see you go, it make me feel bad
Red red wine, you make me feel so fine
Monkey pack him Rizla pon the sweet Dep line

Red red wine, weh give me whole heap of zing
Whole heap of zing, make me do my own thing
Red red wine, you really know how fi love
Your kind of lovin' like a blessing from above
Red red wine, I loved you right from the start
Right from the start, and with all of my heart
Red red wine inna eighties style
Red red wine inna modern beat style
Yeah

Give me a likkle time, let me clear up mi mind
Give me a likkle time, let me clear up mi mind
Give me red wine, the kind make me feel fine
You make me feel fine all of the time
Red red wine, you make me feel so fine
Monkey pack him Rizla pon the sweet Dep line
The line broke, the money get choked
Bun bad ganja pon him likkle rowing boat
Red red wine, I'm gonna hold on to you
Hold on to you 'cause I know yuh love truth
Red red wine, I'm gonna love you til' I die
Love you 'til I die, and that's no lie
Red red wine, can't get you out mi mind
Wherever you may be, I'll surely find
I'll surely find, make no fuss, just leave us

Give me a little time, let me clear out my mind
Give me a little time, let me clear out my mind
Give me red wine, the kind make me feel fine
You make me feel fine all of the time
Red red wine, you make me feel so fine
Monkey back and ease up on the sweet deadline
The line broke, the money get choked
Bun bad ganja pon him likkle rowing boat

Red red wine, you really know how fi love
Your kind of lovin' like a blessing from above
Red red wine, I loved you right from the start
Right from the start, and with all of my heart
Red red wine, weh give me whole heap of zing
Whole heap of zing, make me do my own thing
Red red wine inna eighties style
Red red wine inna modern beat style
Yeah

Red red wine, you make me feel so fine
You keep me rockin' all of the time
Red red wine, you make me feel so grand
I feel a million dollar when you're just in my hand
Red red wine, you make me feel so sad
Any time I see you go, it make me feel bad

 

 

 

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Wham! Featuring George Michael-Careless Whisper

      George Michael 在老家當地電影院當引座員時,有很多時間思考。當時他只有16歲,覺得這份工作很無聊,於是利用空閒時間創作歌詞。有一天,在公車上,他突然想到了一首名為「無心快語」(Careless Whisper)的歌的旋律。四年後,這首歌在英國、美國甚至中...