2022年4月6日 星期三

Joni Mitchell-Woodstock

  本屆Grammy獎最佳歷史性專輯Best Historical Album是由JONI MITCHELL 《ARCHIVES, VOL. 1: THE EARLY YEARS (1963-1967)》獲得。這個獎是從1979年開始頒發,原名Best Historical Repackage Album,後來改名Best Historical Reissue Album,1982年起使用Best Historical Album這個名字,Repackage重新包裝、Reissue重新發行,總之就是再版的意思。

  今年獲提名的除了Joni Mitchell這張專輯之外,還有Prince的《SIGN O’ THE TIMES (SUPER DELUXE EDITION) 》以及Marian Anderson的《BEYOND THE MUSIC: HER COMPLETE RCA VICTOR RECORDINGS》和包括多位藝人演唱的精選輯《ETCHING THE VOICE: EMILE BERLINER AND THE FIRST COMMERCIAL GRAMOPHONE DISCS, 1889-1895》與《EXCAVATED SHELLAC: AN ALTERNATE HISTORY OF THE WORLD’S MUSIC》。

  Joni Mitchell本名Roberta Joan Anderson,出生於加拿大Alberta,1966年移居紐約,是一位知名的民歌手,2002年即獲得Grammy終生成就獎,她寫的"Both Sides Now"與" Woodstock "是二首最有名的歌,"Both Sides Now"在滾石雜誌500大歌曲榜獲得第171名。

1960年代即將結束時,Joni Mitchell的婚姻也將告終,但她的音樂事業卻有亮點,因為Judy Collins 翻唱她的作品"Both Sides Now"獲得Billboard Hot 100排行榜第8名(1968),Mitchell於她的1969年的專輯《Clouds》當中也唱了這首歌,她說她寫這一首歌是對現實和幻想的沉思…,構想很偉大,但她自謙只了解一點皮毛。而她寫的另一首名曲" Woodstock "則由超級民謠搖滾巨星組合Crosby, Stills, Nash &Young於於1970年灌唱,推出後曾獲得Billboard Hot 100 單曲榜第11名,而另一個由英籍歌手Ian Matthews組成的Matthews’Southern Comfort合唱團則於1971翻唱此曲,獲得英國排行榜第3名。

1969年8月15日在紐約Woodstock開唱的音樂盛會,令歌迷們永難忘懷。

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrWNTqbLFFE

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn9hi9fAwUQ

 

Woodstock

lyrics:Joni Mitchell

 

Well, I came upon a child of God
He was walking along the road
And I asked him, "Tell me, where are you going?"
And this he told me

Said, "I'm going down to Yasgur's Farm
Gonna join in a rock 'n' roll band
Got to get back to the land
Set my soul free"

We are stardust, we are golden
We are billion-year-old carbon
And we've got to get ourselves
Back to the garden

Well, then can I walk beside you?
I have come to lose the smog
And I feel myself a cog
In somethin' turning

And maybe it's the time of year
Yes, and maybe it's the time of man
And I don't know who I am
But life is for learning

We are stardust, we are golden
We are billion-year-old carbon
And we got to get ourselves
Back to the garden

We are stardust, we are golden
We are billion-year-old carbon
And we got to get ourselves
Back to the garden

By the time we got to Woodstock
We were half a million strong
And everywhere was a song
And a celebration

And I dreamed I saw the bomber jet planes
Riding shotgun in the sky
Turning into butterflies
Above our nation

We are stardust, we are golden
We are caught in the devil's bargain
And we've got to get ourselves
Back to the garden

 

 

 

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Wham! Featuring George Michael-Careless Whisper

      George Michael 在老家當地電影院當引座員時,有很多時間思考。當時他只有16歲,覺得這份工作很無聊,於是利用空閒時間創作歌詞。有一天,在公車上,他突然想到了一首名為「無心快語」(Careless Whisper)的歌的旋律。四年後,這首歌在英國、美國甚至中...