2025年11月13日 星期四

Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis, Jr.-You Don't Have to Be a Star (To Be in My Show)

   今天介紹一首 1977 年元月8日的冠軍曲 Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis, Jr.所合唱的〈 You Don't Have to Be a Star (To Be in My Show)〉。

  夫妻二人組成的歌唱組合。McCoo 於 1943 年 9月30日出生於新澤西州澤西市。Davis於1938年6月26日出生於密蘇裡州聖路易市。兩人都曾是「第五度空間」(The 5th Dimension)合唱團的成員。這個合唱團是1960年代後期非常紅的團體,樂評人將他們定位為是一個黑人抒情流行合唱團,他們最有名的歌是1969年的連續 6周冠軍曲〈Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In〉。

  1975年11月,夫妻檔 Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis, Jr.離開了他們曾經輝煌的組合(The 5th Dimension)。1977 年,這對夫婦主持了夏季綜藝電視節目。 1981年至1984 年,McCoo 也與他人共同主持了電視節目《Solid Gold》。

  〈你不必是明星(才能參加我的節目)〉,一首值得回味的老歌。

 

 Marilyn McCoo and Billy Davis Jr ~ You Don_t Have to Be a Star (correct video aspect).avi

70年代最棒的二重唱之一。一首真正的愛情歌曲。

 

 

 

 

You Don't Have to Be a Star (To Be in My Show)。

 Writers:James Dean John Glover

 

Baby, come as you are

with just your heart

And I'll take you in

You're rejected and hurt,

to me you're worth

What you have within


I don't need no superstar

'Cause I'll accept you as you are

You won't be denied,

'cause I'm satisfied

With the love that you can inspire



You don't have to be a star, baby,

to be in my show

You don't have to be a star, baby,

to be in my show



Somebody nobody knows

could steal the tune

That you want to hear

So stop your runnin' around,

'cause now you've found

What was cloudy is clear, oh honey


There'll be no cheerin' from the crowd


Just two hearts beatin' out loud


There'll be no parade, no tv or stage

Only me 'til your dyin' day


You don't have to be a star, baby,


(no no no)

to be in my show

(To be, oh honey)

You don't have to be a star, baby,

to be in my, my, my, my, my, my show



(ad-lib)


Don't think your star has

to shine for me to find out

Where you're comin' from

What is a beauty queen if it don't mean

That I'm number one? (oh honey)



I don't need no superstar

'Cause I'll accept you as you are

You won't be denied,

'cause I'm satisfied

With the love that you can inspire


You don't have to be a star, baby,

to be in my show

You don't have to be a star,

baby,

(no no no baby)

to be in my show

(oh sweet darlin')

You don't have to be a star, baby,

(hey hey)

to be in my, my, my, my, my, my show

 

 

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Wham! Featuring George Michael-Careless Whisper

      George Michael 在老家當地電影院當引座員時,有很多時間思考。當時他只有16歲,覺得這份工作很無聊,於是利用空閒時間創作歌詞。有一天,在公車上,他突然想到了一首名為「無心快語」(Careless Whisper)的歌的旋律。四年後,這首歌在英國、美國甚至中...