2025年11月27日 星期四

Kim Carnes duet with Gene Cotton-You're A Part Of Me

   今天繼續介紹一首男女對唱的情歌,Kim Carnes 與 Gene Cotton 合唱的

〈You're A Part Of Me〉。

         Kim Carnes 說:「這張唱片喚起了我美好的回憶。與Gene Cotton 的二重唱是我第一首打入前20名的歌曲,也促成了我與A&M唱片公司的合約。此外,這首歌的翻唱版本也比我創作的任何其他歌曲都多。」

      Kim Carnes 1945年出生於洛杉磯,是一位女歌手、鋼琴手、作曲人,1960 年代後期加入民歌團體「新克里斯蒂吟遊詩人」合唱團the New Christy Minstrels,與 Kenny Rogers 同事。他個人的成績最佳歌曲是1981年連續9周冠軍的 〈Bette Davis Eyes〉。

         Gene Cotton 是一位流行搖滾歌手、吉他手、作曲人。他與 Kim Carnes合唱的這首歌1978年在 Billboard Hot 100 排行榜上獲得第36名。

       Kim Carnes 的這首情歌一定不要錯過!

  

You're A Part Of Me

Kim Carnes的歌聲很有吸引力

 

You're A Part Of Me

作詞/作曲:Kim Carnes

I'd like to live out all my dreams
And if I could, yes, if I could
The nicest one would be with you
And you'd be here with me
Don't you ever get lonely?

Lord, I'm no good when you're away
But what do you expect
From a girl who loves you like I love you?
Won't you ever just get tired?
And come on home to me
Don't you ever get lonely?

You're a part of me
That I can't do without
You're a part of me
That dreams are all about

But you can't hold on to
Something that you've never had before
Love waits for the wind
To bring you back again
And take you away

Friends say, it's great, now you're a star
But what do they expect
From a girl who loves you just the way you were?
And late at night, I wish things had never changed
And you were here with me
Don't you ever get lonely?

You're a part of me
That I can't do without
You're a part of me
That dreams are all about

But you can't hold on to
Something that you've never had before
Love waits for the wind
To bring you back again
And take you away (take you away)

Take you away (take me away)
Honey, I love you (take me away)
Take me away (take me away)
'Cause honey, I love you (take me away)

 

 

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Wham! Featuring George Michael-Careless Whisper

      George Michael 在老家當地電影院當引座員時,有很多時間思考。當時他只有16歲,覺得這份工作很無聊,於是利用空閒時間創作歌詞。有一天,在公車上,他突然想到了一首名為「無心快語」(Careless Whisper)的歌的旋律。四年後,這首歌在英國、美國甚至中...