2026年9月4日 星期五

Police -Every Breath You Take

    來自英國Police 合唱團 1983年以〈Every Breath You Take〉獲得連續 8周冠軍。主唱 Gordon"Sting"Summer本名 Gordon Matthew Thomas Sumner)外號「Sting」(意為:螫針),這個外號起源於他 18 歲左右在爵士樂團表演時,因為穿了一件黑黃相間的條紋毛衣,被團員戲稱看起來像一隻大黃蜂

  The Police 合唱團原來是一個「 雷鬼風格的搖滾三人組」(Reggae-inflected rock trio)。1985年 Sting 離團而去從事個人的歌唱事業。

  〈Every Breath YouTake〉這首歌在滾石雜誌 RS500排行獲得第84名。在 BMI公佈美國廣播電視播放次數最多的「世紀百首金曲」〈Every Breath You Take〉獲得第15名。

     為了創作他們最熱門的歌曲,the Police 回歸本源,甚至捨棄了原本繁複的掃弦部分,以免分散聽眾對歌曲催眠般貝斯旋律的注意力。Sting 承認,歌詞——聽起來溫柔,實則苦澀——是從搖滾樂的陳腔濫調中直接搬過來的。「〈Every Breath You Take〉是一首典型的歌曲,」他告訴《滾石》雜誌

    四年後,在Sting這番「不原創卻引以為傲」的宣言之後,吹牛老爹(Puff Daddy) 採樣了〈Every Breath You take〉,創作了《自己的熱門歌曲》。

  (Puff Daddy)本名Sean Combs ,紐約哈林區出生,是一位饒舌歌手作曲人、製作人及企業家。 是1997年冠軍歌星。1990年代晚期 ,饒舌歌手會穿插名歌星的歌曲片段在新歌中例如 1997年 Puff Dady連續11周的冠軍曲Ill Be Missing You就穿插有〈Every Breath You Take〉

  〈Ill Be Missing You演唱者全名 Puff Daddy & Faith Evans(featuring 112) 。Tribut To The Notorios B.I.GsamplesEvery Breath You take〉and a snippet of〈fly away〉。他的一首歌借用了不少同行的歌曲片段「不原創但引以為傲」算是一種遮掩說法吧。以(samples)之名借別人的作品用後來已少見。

      Sting 1985年曾在Dire Straits 的成名曲〈Money For Nothing〉唱合聲。 2018年與牙買家歌手Shaggy合作專輯《44/876》獲得Grammy最佳雷鬼專輯。 Sting 也常為拯救雨林和國際特赦組織等為環保生態與人權維護而奔走。


 The Police - Every Breath You Take (Official Music Video)

the Police 合唱團是一支非常棒的樂隊,他們的音樂風格非常獨特且易於辨識……融合了搖滾、雷鬼、龐克搖滾……他們在如此短的時間內就留下了巨大的印記!這首歌幾乎能與任何心情完美契合。它真可謂是名符其實的傑作。

 

Every Breath You Take

作詞/作曲:Gordon Sumner

Every breath you take
And every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
I'll be watching you

Every single day
And every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay
I'll be watching you

Oh, can't you see
You belong to me?
How my poor heart aches
With every step you take?

Every move you make
And every vow you break
Every smile you fake
Every claim you stake
I'll be watching you

Since you've gone, I've been lost without a trace
I dream at night, I can only see your face
I look around, but it's you I can't replace
I feel so cold, and I long for your embrace
I keep crying, baby, baby please

Oh, can't you see
You belong to me?
How my poor heart aches
With every step you take?

Every move you make
And every vow you break
Every smile you fake
Every claim you stake
I'll be watching you
Every move you make
Every step you take
I'll be watching you

I'll be watching you
(Every breath you take)
(Every move you make)
(Every bond you break)
(Every step you take) I'll be watching you

I'll be watching you

I'll be watching you

whoo, hoo
(Every game you play)
(Every night you stay) I'll be watching you

I'll be watching you

I'll be watching you

I'll be watching you
(Every single day)
(Every word you say)
(Every game you play)
(Every night you stay) I'll be watching you

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Police -Every Breath You Take

    來自英國 的 Police 合唱團 1983年以 〈Every Breath You Take〉 獲得連續 8 周冠軍。主唱 Gordon"Sting"Summer ( 本名 Gordon Matthew Thomas Sumner)外號「S...