2025年10月2日 星期四

David Gates -Goodbye Girl

 《再見女郎》(The Goodbye Girl)是一部1977年的美國愛情喜劇片,由Neil Simon編劇,Herbert Ross執導,李察·德瑞佛斯(Richard Dreyfuss)、瑪莎·梅遜(Marsha Mason)、昆恩·康明斯(Quinn Cummings)主演。男主角李察·德瑞佛斯並以本片中的精彩演出獲得奧斯卡與金球獎(音樂與喜劇類)最佳男主角。

 

  演唱同名主題曲的 David Gates ,原來在專業錄音室工作 、後來擔任 Bread 合唱團主唱,這一首〈Goodbye Girl〉雖然最高只得到第15名,但對電影有牡丹配綠葉的功效,對該片幫助很大。

 

  Bread 合唱團以抒情歌曲 〈Make It With You 〉、〈Baby I'm-A Want You 〉、〈If〉 這些動聽情歌受到歌迷們的喜愛 。〈Goodbye Girl〉是他在Bread合唱團初次解散時寫的。後來他們復合過,但不久再度解散。

 

  一起來回憶這一首百聽不厭的老歌。

 

 

The Goodbye Girl • Theme Song • David Gates

這首歌和電影簡直是天作之合。理查德·德萊福斯和瑪莎·梅森的合作簡直太棒了。



David Gates - Goodbye Girl Lyrics

All your life you've waited
For love to come and stay
And now that I have found you
You must not slip away

I know it's hard believing
The words you've heard before
But darlin', you must trust them
Just once more

'Cause, baby, goodbye doesn't mean forever
Let me tell you, goodbye doesn't mean
We'll never be together again

If you wake up and I'm not there
I won't be long away
'Cause the things you do my goodbye girl
Will bring me back to you

I know you've been taken
Afraid to hurt again
You fight the love you feel for me
Instead of givin' in

But I can wait forever
For helpin' you to see
That I was meant for you
And you for me

So remember, goodbye doesn't mean forever
Let me tell you, goodbye doesn't mean
We'll never be together again

Though we may be so far apart
You still will have my heart
So forget your past my goodbye girl
'Cause now you're home at last

 

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Wham! Featuring George Michael-Careless Whisper

      George Michael 在老家當地電影院當引座員時,有很多時間思考。當時他只有16歲,覺得這份工作很無聊,於是利用空閒時間創作歌詞。有一天,在公車上,他突然想到了一首名為「無心快語」(Careless Whisper)的歌的旋律。四年後,這首歌在英國、美國甚至中...